Tissue engineering (TE) is a rapidly growing field because technological advancements in the field of 3D tissue engineering meets the enormous demand for regeneration due to ageing and trauma.
Tissue Engineering, Third Edition is completely revised and goes from basic disciplines (stem cells, biomaterials) towards tissue engineering of specific tissues and towards clinical application. Key chapters are updated with the latest discoveries.
Written in a scientific language that is easily understood by undergraduate and graduate students in basic biological sciences, bioengineering, and basic medical sciences, as well as researchers interested in learning about this fast-growing field.
- Presents a clear structure of chapters, aimed at educating those new to the tissue engineering field.
- This website contains free educational resources per chapter such as:
- High-resolution figures and captions,
- glossaries, and
- questions for easy implementation in undergraduate and graduate courses
- New applied clinical cases written using a challenge-based learning (CBL) approach to apply the chapter contents in solving pressing problems in the field.